Caution: Resetting your phone to factory default settings will erase your data. We recommend you back up your data before proceeding with a reset.
- Tap Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of your screen, then tap System
- Tap Advanced, then tap Reset options
- Tap Erase all data (factory reset).
Tapping this won't reset your phone.
- Tap Reset Phone.
This will erase all the data from your device. If you want to recover your information, make sure you've made a backup before erasing.
Performing a factory reset erases all the information from your device, restoring it to the way it came out of the box. There are a few of reasons you may want to perform a factory reset of your device:
- You're looking to sell your phone and want to clear of all personal information
- It's not performing the way you feel it should, and you want to start over
- Your phone is completely frozen or you can't see the screen
If your screen doesn't turn on, try performing a few initial troubleshooting steps. If those don't work, you can also try a more advanced option of performing a factory reset of your phone from Fastboot Mode.